02/24/2011

A quarter of a century--that is how long I have existed, and, like Milton, I feel that during this time I have largely squandered my potential. However, I would like to believe that this time has not been entirely wasted, for it has served to allow me to become what I am today, a metamorphosis extraordinary, a transition from nothingness, to chaos, to dictated order, to brokenness, to self-imposed order, to individuation, and finally, to freedom.

I feel that here, at this point, I can finally begin to consider accomplishing something with this life that I possess. While my aspirations are too numerous to be practical, yet a specific category has singled itself out as not only within my means to accomplish, and that potentially uniquely, but also as an accomplishment that I would perceive as justifying my existence. That is, the written word.

Toward this end, I have been considering for some time what I must set myself to do, and have at last decided upon the following goals. I present them here not only to enforce this resolution, but also to provide a first glimpse into what may, in a short space of time, begin to occupy the majority of my effort and thus the majority of my posts here.

List (in order of priority):

Assimilation and Transcendence
Format: Non-Fiction Book
Purpose: To present a unifying theory of human autoevolution that operates simultaneously in the fields of sociology, psychology, and philosophy, in order to benefit humanity in generations to come.

BABEL
Format: Sci-Fi Manga
Purpose: To tell by way of parable prophecies of the future of humanity in order to instigate the consideration of problems that future generations will be required to solve.

The Bizarre Community
Format: Non-Fiction Book
Purpose: To instigate a specific evolution of thought that will one day result in the eradication of religious thought.

Autobiography
Format: Non-Fiction Book
Purpose: To give a true, unadulterated, and blatant account of my life experiences.

Time has a way of bringing unexpected change, but at the moment this is the best prediction I can give for the near future of my effort, and I intend fully to devote myself to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment