02/21/2011

I'm having trouble writing. I can look at my outlines and my notes for hours and see in them the potential of communicating the entirety of my thought in this regard, but when I then attempt to assemble it into words and sentences and paragraphs and chapters, it seems to inevitably lose its force and perfection. I need to achieve balance in my writing, balance between technicality and vividness, between elaboration and simplification, between necessary and superfluous. I need also to permit myself to be consumed by this effort. I can feel it approaching, the moment that I will relinquish myself to it entirely. The moment that the wings of inspiration, born aloft by the wind of effort, shall finally carry me into the glorious and surreal heaven of effortless expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment